Life happens. WE CAN HELP.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
Tim Galluzzi loves to represent people and thrives in the fight to protect his clients' rights. Tim fought professionally in mixed martial arts before attending law school, and his passion for challenge and competition carries over into his legal career. He enjoys the thrill of thorough trial preparation and devotes his practice to securing successful outcomes for injured clients.
Tim specializes in personal injury. He litigates cases on behalf of clients injured in car crashes, bicycle crashes, and slip-and-falls, as well as incidents involving damage to a client's home and property, insurance bad faith, or injury from the intentional acts of others. Tim also handles DUI defense, where he has obtained complete dismissal of charges against his clients, not guilty verdicts, and favorable sentences.
Tim has been recognized in both of his practice areas. He was named by Super Lawyers to the 2019, 2020, and 2021 Colorado Rising Stars list for his work representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. Tim also was named to the 2018 Barrister's Best list by Law Week Colorado as the Best Criminal Defense Lawyer.
Prior to passing the bar, Tim attended law school at the University of Colorado in Boulder. He was an Associate Editor of the Law Review and was selected to CU Law's mock trial and moot court teams, competing nationally and winning numerous awards and competitions. He represented indigent clients at the trial-court level through the Criminal Defense Clinic and at the appellate level through an internship with the Colorado State Public Defender's Office. Tim also interned for Judge J. Eric Elliff on the Denver District Court, where he gained valuable experience with jury trials in Denver County even as a law student.
Tim is active in the legal community. He serves on the University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board and is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, and the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar.
Outside of the law, Tim continues to pursue his passions. He actively trains in and competes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, skis, camps, hikes, and otherwise enjoys as much of Colorado's outdoor recreation as he can. Tim spends most of his time with his wife, Anna, their son, Silas, and the family dog, Grouper.
At CGH, Tim is devoted to pursuing his clients' interests, protecting his clients' rights, and securing trial verdicts or successful settlement outcomes.
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Executive Chair for Mock Trial, CU Law Barristers’ Council
- Honors: Member, CU Law National Moot Court Team
- Honors: Member, CU Law National Mock Trial Team
- Honors: 2014 Regional Champion, National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Named Best Oral Advocate in Rocky Mountain Region by the American College of Trial Lawyers, National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Runner-Up Best Brief, National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Best Oralist, Colorado Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Honors: Finalist, Rothgerber Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Regional Finalist, National Trial Competition
- Honors: Finalist, Carrigan Cup Trial Competition
- Honors: Finalist, Reilly Pozner Trial Challenge
- Honors: Reilly Pozner LLP Appellate Advocacy Scholarship
- Honors: Moses Lasky Scholarship
- Honors: Gene R. Nichol Scholarship
- Law Review: University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor
- University of Memphis
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- Best Criminal Defense Lawyer, Barrister’s Best list, Law Week Colorado, 2018 – Present
- Super Lawyers, Colorado Rising Stars list, 2019
- University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member
- State Public Defender’s Office, Intern
- Judge J. Eric Elliff, Denver District Court, Intern
Current Employment Position