Colorado roads and highways are the site of more than 100,000 car accidents each year, resulting in hundreds of deaths and thousands of serious injuries.
We all understand that driving is inherently dangerous, but many of these accidents are preventable. They can be attributed to driver negligence, distraction and poor choices.
At Cheney Galluzzi & Howard, LLC, we are proud to help accident victims seek the compensation they need to cover their medical bills, lost wages, vehicle damage and other losses. We also work to make the roads safer for everyone by holding bad drivers accountable for the harm they have caused.
Who Was Responsible For Your Accident?
Our attorneys have the experience, knowledge and resources to fully investigate your car accident claim, determining the cause and all liable parties. We regularly help clients seek compensation for accidents and injuries related to:
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving (from smart phones and other sources)
- Failure to yield to right of way
- Failure to adjust to heavy traffic, poor weather or bad road conditions
- Illegal turns, unsafe lane changes and other reckless driving maneuvers
- Inexperienced and distracted rideshare drivers (Uber and Lyft)
Expenses can add up quickly in the aftermath of a crash, and you’ll likely be worried about money as well as your health. But the decisions you make now could greatly limit your options for compensation if you are not careful.
Therefore, before you agree to a settlement or try to negotiate with insurers, give us a call. We’ll advocate aggressively on your behalf, leaving you free to focus on your health and your family.
We Know How To Deal With Insurance Companies
You may assume your insurance provider will look out for your best interests when you are hurt in a car crash. But even though you are a policyholder, your insurance company is interested in its own bottom line. The company makes money by denying or limiting your claim.
Many accident victims find themselves fighting with their own insurance company just to get a fair settlement. When you’re trying to recover from your injuries, you don’t have time or energy to have those fights. Our skilled attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies, and we are not afraid to go to court if we believe you are not being offered a fair deal.
What To Do After A Car Accident
If you are in the unfortunate situation of being involved in a car accident, there are a few things you should keep in mind to help ensure your legal rights are protected:
- Move to safety: The first thing to remember is that one accident can lead to another. If you are able, move to a safe location.
- Seek medical attention: This is a critically important step, even if you don’t think you have been injured. It is not uncommon for people to miss signs of a serious injury in the aftermath of a crash, due to adrenaline, stress, and a host of other factors.
- Document the accident scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, or ask someone else to if you are unable. This evidence could be critical when building your legal case. Also, gather the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Talk to a lawyer: The insurance and legal complexities of the accident will soon become overwhelming. In a vulnerable state, it is imperative to get an experienced legal advocate on your side, to help you make wise decisions that could impact your life for years to come.
Colorado’s Statute Of Limitations
If you have been involved in a car accident in Colorado, remember that you have a limited amount of time in which to file a claim.
Accident victims have three years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit, seeking damages for injuries, hospital bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
However, it is advisable to act as soon as possible after an accident. There is no reason to wait. Contact an attorney who can guide you through each step of your personal injury claim.
Hurt In A Car Crash? Contact Us For A Free Consultation.
At any given moment, someone is on the roads in the state of Colorado driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Someone else is texting. Someone is applying makeup. Another is adjusting the radio. All of these activities increase the risk to everyone else on the road. Sometimes, in life, car accidents can happen.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident, we can help pursue the full and fair compensation you need. To discuss your legal options in a free initial consultation, call our Denver office at 303-578-4155 or send us an email.